The webisodes of The Critic serve as a psuedo-third season to the series. They were released gradually throughout 2000 and 2001 on the now-defunct AtomFilms.com. Each one of them was written by Al Jean and Mike Reiss.
While Jay remains the protagonist, many side characters are omitted, save for Vlada. The series mainly focuses on Jay and his pining over Jennifer, a new character who replaces the roles of Alice and Doris, as well as Jay's usual tirades about modern cinema. Due to the lack of most of the character from past seasons, these episodes mainly rely on movie parodies.
There were 10 webisodes produced. While they don't have official names, the episodes can easily be identified by the movies parodies within each of them. They started airing in December of 2000, with the last episode being released in September of the next year.
- Mission Impossible II, Gladiator, Gone in 60 Seconds
- Pokemon 2000, The Patriot
- Perfect Storm, Star Wars, Titanic, The Sixth Sense
- Out of Africa, Silence Of The Lambs, On the Waterfront
- Sleepy Hollow, Pulp Fiction
- Cast Away, The Legend of Bagger Vance
- Harry Potter, Planet of the Apes
- Pearl Harbor